Peel Investments have created Liverpool International Business Park on the remaining undeveloped area of the former Liverpool Northern Airfield. Construction began in 2007 and by the end of 2008 the infrastructure was largely complete with the majority of plots either occupied or sold for development.
We have been involved since 1997:
- Making representations to the UDP Inquiry for an allocation for employment use;
- Preparing a masterplan document and coordinating an Environmental Statement for the planning application.
As landscape architects in the construction team:
- Coordinating the design guides for the development;
- Taking the landscape works to completion;
- Making submissions to satisfy planning conditions;
- Evolving the design to suit developments;
- Running a maintenance contract.
Since we designed the adjacent Coastal Reserve, we made the two schemes complementary in terms of views, landscape structure and habitats.