Randall Thorp formed part of the multi-disciplinary team employed by Taylor Wimpey to produce a 130 home masterplan for a site on the outskirts of the village of Tarvin, Cheshire.
Our responsibilities included:
- Co-ordination and production of the Masterplan
- Co-ordination and production of the Design and Access Statement
- Extensive public consultation
- Formal presentations to local Councillors
Outline planning approval was granted unanimously by Planning Committee in March 2012, with Members complimenting the team on a well put together scheme and the efforts that had gone into the public consultation.
The Masterplan design was landscape led, taking its cue from existing landscape features in and around the site. By retaining and enhancing the key landscape features across the site we were able to provide a new place for sustainable family living, set within a well-planned green infrastructure network which provides a high quality setting to the residential development and also enables direct connectivity into the wider area to encourage sustainable pedestrian and cycle movement. The development will provide:
- Up to 130 family homes in a range of styles, including affordable housing,
- A new village green, incorporating an existing pond, to provide a pleasant and welcoming sense of arrival to Tarvin village,
- An equipped children’s play area,
- An extension to the highly valued existing Tarvin Community Woodland.
As a result of the landscape-led approach we were able to create a unique scheme that is responsive to the opportunities presented by the site, which preserves and enhances the best of what is there and complements the surrounding area, which provides character and a strong sense of place, and also provides a development that meets our client’s commercial aims.